Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kitchen Remodel - Sink

I knew I was going with stainless steel.  You can put a hot pan it, you can scrub it, and it looks great after years of use.  There was already a stainless steel sink in the kitchen, but I didn't want that either.  It was a lower quality SS, and it was a double sink.  I think double sinks are great if you don't have a dishwasher.  However, when you have dishwasher, it's really just two sinks to clean every day.  So, I wanted one sink and one sink only. 

I also knew I wanted an undermount sink.  I think they look so much cleaner in the kitchen.  So, I went on my hunt.  The big box stores had some on display, but the higher quality SS sinks they had were over $500.  Ouch.  I believe it was on the home and garden forum someone reminded me to go to overstock.com.  Wow, is this the place to go for a sink! 

Just a quick note, when you start looking at stainless steel sinks, sometimes they'll list the guage.  The lower the number the better.  It took me forever to research that.  I couldn't figure out why a 16 guage SS sink was more expensive.  I always seem to think the larger the number the bigger, but not here apparently.

I ended up with a 16 guage Kraus undermounted sink.  It's quite beautiful.  You know what else is beautiful?  A $200 price tag delivered to my door.

Check it.


http://www.kraususa.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Kitchen is most important part of our home. We want a stainless sink in our kitchen with re-facing kitchen cabinets.Thanks a lot...

    Stainless Steel Sink

    ReplyDelete