Thursday, March 17, 2011

Whirlpool Quiet Series Dishwashers

I have purchased two dishwashers in my lifetime.  Both have been Whirlpool Quiet Series dishwashers.  Let me tell you why. 

First, when I started looking for my first dishwasher, I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  Luckily at that time I was looking for a white dishwasher to match my other white appliances.  I bought a month's worth of access to consumer reports.  Their "best buy" suggestion at that time was the Whirlpool Quiet Series.  So, I found one at Sears for $425.

I began using it, and LOVED it.  I had only used one dishwasher prior, one that came with my house.  It was awful.  So, I only had that to compare to, but still, this thing was great.  I noticed I could consistantly use the "light" wash option, and my dishes still came out clean without rinsing.  What I really grew to love was the cutlery holder that fit in the door.  This is handy as when you just want to throw in a fork, you don't have to open the door all the way, to pull out the racks.  You just slightly open the door and slide your fork in the slot.

When I moved into my boyfriends house, he too had an old dishwasher.  This required me to rinse my dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, and, and!, this is when it became really apparant how handy that cutlery door thing was.

Well, I found out that Whirlpool has a copyright on that handy cutlery in the door thingy-ma-jig.  So, I knew that my next dishwasher would also be a Whirlpool.  I did however double check consumer reports again, and still, they had great reviews for the thing.  I got the stainless steal this time, and the quiet rating is better.  It is VERY quiet.  What's great, is now the new ones have the 30 minute express glass cycle.  This my friends is awesome.  This means that if you should have two loads of dishes (dinner party tonight?), then you can put the first load in, and by the time all the guests leave after dinner, you are ready for the final load.  No more waking up to a dirty kitchen the next day because you had to wait on your dishwasher cycle.

Now that I sound like a Whirlpool spokesperson, let me tell you, I'm not.  I'll tell you how much I love my GE Profile Oven too.  That's a different post though. 

Anyhow, feel confident in the Whirlpool dishwasher buying process that you will get a dishwasher that cleans, and makes your life better.  At least it did mine anyway.

Here's a picture of mine with the protective seal still on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment